Lamentations of an oppressed


Written By:
          Egunjobi Precious Olorunfemi

In your eyes, I see pain
Boldly written in blood letters
Your eyes are weak, lost in their sockets
They are faint from the tears of every night
Your rights have become wrongs
And your wrongs, sin.

The wind that blows hurt you
The sun that shines burn you
The rain that falls, you feel less of
Afterall you drown in your bed all night.

Child of woes
I am born of a woman
But treated less than animals
For animals rest and feed
Each day seem like the end
But the end of each day holds no calm

Tingling my ears is the swooshing of the Master’s cudgel
Whether to reprove
Whether to please
I do not know.

There is no light at the end of this tunnel
If there is an end at all
Oh moon! Why art thou cruel?
Knowest thou not that the earlier and brighter you shine, the harder and longer I work
I beseech thee, hid thyself in the belly of the firmament
A message to the Sun thy brother-
Take some time off that I may find some time off
I runneth low on energy, the yoke yet tarries.

Teach us that we may daily number our days
I have numbered and I have lost count
Why?
Lounging in a gaol built by nature’s own hands.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outstanding imagery is relatable and the choice of metaphors is purely distinct.
    All in all, amazing job!!!
    More power to your pen!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Master's student

FIGHT IN FLIGHT

PRESERVED (1)