Master's student

                       Master's student... 
Once I was on the high way driving like I was the best
Little did I know I was no different from the rest
We all couldn't differentiate our right from left
The lanes became a racing track... everyone was out to outsmart
I was getting used to getting hit and hitting others
I soon got overly battered
Then I realized it wouldn't get better
I couldn't drive, I was a learner...

Some drivers seemed to know their way
 Escaped the little ditches but ended in d bigger ones
While some others  looked  so frail
 But they passed safely through it all
And rather than the learner sign
 That  characterized every slow but steady driver
They had M. S inscribed at their vehicles' hind
What that meant?... My curiosity exactly

It must be a driving school.. Doesn't sound cool...
I wanted to be Smart all by myself..
But well I could use a little help
Will be definitely better than diving headlong into a pool
I enrolled as a master's student
I had to submit the keys and pick up a cross
I felt my choice was prudent
Afterall I was assured of no loss

Learning to not always be in control wasn't easy
Giving away pride and past experiences wasn't easy either
Countless times I struggled to get back d wheels
He wasn't as fast as I wanted,
My thoughts... "I could run faster on my heels"
It was hard conforming to his will
I am still a master's student and will always be
Now that I understand what he did for me

The cross was the price he paid
The grave was d bed he laid
All for a poor me, who couldn't see how much love he showered me
I am headed towards destiny where the creation awaits
No short cuts but I can't be late
He calls the shots and the halts
He is my master , savior and Lord

My dearest confidant, my infallible commandant
I've never felt better... Riding on the wings of faith
His banner over me is LOVE
Enrollement is totally free
Christ paid the price on the tree
It's a prudent choice... No loss GUARANTEED
~#SweetArtsPoetry
~#HimSpired_Mii

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FIGHT IN FLIGHT

PRESERVED (1)