PRESERVED (2)

Continued...
 Six years later, sixteen years old Bidemi who now answers Becky had become 'All shades of bad', she had mingled with the criminals who took abode in obscurity, she became their errand girl for the little money they gave her regularly and often slept beneath the staircase of the uncompleted building they inhabited. On one fateful day Bidemi got into a chat with another young girl of her age who also roamed the streets, and she narrated to Bidemi how a lot of the guys had taken sexual  advantage of her and how they had cruelly raped her if she as much as refused them. 
"I can't stay here anymore Becky. I need to leave" She said, frustration written all over her
"But if you leave, you would have nowhere to go. Didn't you tell me you are an orphan and your aunt dropped you off on the streets despite making beautiful promises to your mother on her death bed? I don't really know what to advice but I am personally scared of the unknown" Bidemi commented 
"I would rather die than have those guys touch me again! I can remember vividly when I was younger and used to attend Sunday school class in church; we were told that our bodies are the temple of the Lord..." Bidemi cut her before she could finish 
"Dont tell me you believe all these church people. Listen to yourself, you were very young and you could have been easily deceived. Do you even know anything about this Lord they told you about?!...I understand what you are going through here but if you must leave,  it shouldn't be because of one cock and bull story that is probably a fabrication"
"Hmmm... Becky, you seem to have a point but I am curious to know if all I was taught was true or not and I certainly can't prove that here. Besides... I may not know this Lord or believe my body is anymore than flesh and blood but I do feel really defiled by those guys. I feel an emptiness Becky. I am leaving" She said conclusively 
"You seem to know where you are going. I will miss you but I hope you find answers to your questions. This place may be home for me for longer than I can imagine. But I won't stop you. Nothing out there excites my curiosity " Bidemi said
" I do not know where I am going but I definitely know where I do not want to be. I will survive even if it means I have to do some menial jobs. I will find my place I believe. If there is really a God up there then I'm hopeful "
"I really wish I could be as brave as you are... Take care of yourself " Bidemi ended. Her friend informed her she was leaving at dusk so as not to alert anyone. They hugged each other for the last time and went separate ways. 
Bidemi's thought lingered on one thing and one thing alone. She couldn't believe her ears when her friend talked about her molestation, the girl had only spent six months on the streets but she had spent 6 years! And nothing of that nature had happened to her. These are the same guys she shared a building with, who knew how to get her to do anything... Why did they never think of sleeping with her?.  She couldn't tell the other girl all her thoughts, her head had made up too many questions already; she couldn't have her add more to them. It became impossible for Bidemi to get her mind off all her friend told her, though she tried to sympathize with her but she couldn't be empathic about it. She wondered why the guys could not treat her friend the way they treated her... Like a little sister. It was good she made the decision to leave but... 
"She is possessed! And I cannot live in the same house with this witch!" She heard her step-father bellow. His voice horrified her all over
"Please Tunji, don't leave us..."  her mother pleaded in tears
"I promise to take her to another deliverance pastor... Please Tunji, she is my baby"
"I do care about her too, she's like my daughter and that's why I insist she be delivered soon" his voice softened. He moved close to where Bidemi clung to the wall crying and stared her in the face with a mixed expression of anger and hatred, an expression her mother couldn't see from where she stood and he whispered
" You terrify me and I would get you out soon!" He punched the words so hard in her face that she sent out a frightened scream.
Bidemi screamed out of sleep. Only then did she realize she had been dreaming... Again! She had fallen asleep with the thought of her friend but why did she have to dream of her cruel past? How terrified it still makes her feel after six long years. She stood up from the polythene nylon she often slept on only to discover the time was just 6:30pm in the evening. The day was not so dark yet and she decided to take a stroll to get over the dream. 
As Bidemi approached the uncompleted building on her return from the stroll, she overheard the guys, about five of them talking about her and tip-toed closer to hear them better. They talked about how impossible it had been for them in six years to take advantage of her. One of the guys had said he was sure they would have their way tonight, no matter what happens or who shows up; they were ready to face the consequences. They had mentioned an unfathomable bright light that always surrounded her and a presence that seemed to always scare them off, but they were desperate and dangerously curious at the same time. Rather than wait for her turn to be raped, she made to run but her legs unsettled some planks nearby ... She knew she had called for trouble but she ran nonetheless... As fast as she could. She could hear them chasing after her but she had no other choice than to keep running. 
"You think you can run abi?!" One of the guys said after they had caught up with her. 
"Please forgive me, I didn't mean to eavesdrop on you sir" She pleaded 
"Well it really doesn't make any difference. Our plans remain unchanged!" Their leader said with a devious laughter. He gave the others the order to hold her down as he would take the lead with her while the others can have their turns after him. He revealed a knife and threatened her further 
"Dont even think of struggling!" He got down to untying his belt. Bidemi couldn't believe this was now happening to her. She suddenly wished for death and closed her eyes as tight as she could. She couldn't watch this... To be continued... 

#HimSpired_Mii 
#InChristed 
#InkScribed 
#StorySeries 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master's student

FIGHT IN FLIGHT

PRESERVED (1)