PRESERVED (4)

Continued... 
        "Who are you looking for?"
 She asked with a familiar voice Bidemi could not mistake. She was her mother but this look... What could have happened to make her age this much?  Bidemi controlled herself from screaming Mummy! She had promised God she would behave herself... Her emotions... The pain, the hurt, mixed unevenly with the excitement of seeing her mother again. Pastor Anthony as she now knew him as, introduced himself to Bidemi's mother and knew from how Bidemi's grip tightened on his arm as she saw her,  that the woman was her mother.
"Please ma" He continued
"I am Pastor Anthony and we are looking for one mummy Bidemi, a young child who ran away about six years ago" He paused to study her face. He noticed how she heaved a heavy sign before replying
"I am the one, what about my daughter?, did they find her somewhere? " The pain in her eyes was unmistakable as she looked desperately at Pastor Anthony, anxiety written all over her.  Bidemi lost control of herself seeing how much pain her name could cause her mother. She broke into tears as Pastor Anthony said pointing to Bidemi
"This is Bidemi "
Bidemi ran to hug her mother, she was angry at her, yes! But now was not the time, she had missed her mother nonetheless. Bidemi's mother hugged her so tight; Bidemi feared she would stop breathing. Both mother and daughter cried out their eyes till they were content and Pastor Anthony didn't bother to stop them. They had managed to make him shed a tear as well. Just then Bidemi's mother realized they were all still at the door and she quickly ushered them in. After about an hour of reunion, Bidemi finally asked of her step-father and suddenly her Mother's face faded in sadness.
"Hmmm, he was imprisoned a year after you left and I was three months pregnant at the time" She wept at the reminiscence
"I never knew the kind of man I married, I never knew he was a criminal, please forgive me Bidemi for choosing him over you" She held on to her daughters hands pleading with tear dripping from her eyes.
      Bidemi had forgiven her and she prayed for the grace to forget and not use it against her mother in future, but she wanted to know the crime her step-father committed, so she urged her mother on
"What was Uncle Tunji's crime?" She had never called him father... He never acted as one
"I never knew he was a pedophile, he is sexually attracted to children… He deceived me Bidemi. He raped the 3 years old daughter of our neighbor and that led to his arrest. He confessed openly in court to the crime and admitted his guilt of such other cases in the past. The police were looking for him at the time, and that was why he fled, and I was caught in his trap."
" No mum, he did not deceive you, you only saw what you chose to see" full understanding coming to her of the times she had caught him running out half naked from her room. She also now understood why he never succeeded with her and termed her possessed. She told her mother of his attempts and told her how it was Jesus that shielded her from him and the touts she stayed with for six years. Her mother then pleaded her forgiveness
"Jor ma binu oko mi, I have hurt you deeply and made you vulnerable to him... I'm so sorry and I really hope you can forgive me"
"It was very hard for me mum, but God helped me and strengthened my heart to forgive you, I have also forgiven Uncle Tunji. I did many terrible things to God these past years and he still forgave me, loved me and gave me a new life. Who am I to refuse those that hurt me forgiveness? Besides,  forgiving others is the key to a blissful life" She paused briefly and continued
"I also need your forgiveness mum; I shouldn't have ran away... I am indeed sorry for all the pain I caused you" Just as she was done talking her mother pulled her into another embrace, then Pastor Anthony thought to fully introduce Bidemi's mother to Jesus as well.  He told her of how Jesus had saved Bidemi and how he longs to bring her mother also to himself
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, Jesus to die for you and I and the world at large that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life. Jesus is at the door of your heart, please open for him ma"
"I don't know how to receive this much love, I don't deserve it "She bowed her head in shame
"None of us has ever deserved his love, but he loves us still. It is his mercy and grace through Jesus that brings us into his love. You can be born again into his family" At this point Bidemi's mother knew she could run no longer, she was weak and she needed God... As a matter of life! She went down on her knees asking the Pastor to lead her to Christ as she couldn't resist him any longer. Pastor Anthony helped her with the prayers and she repeated after him and after she had said the final
"Amen" A little girl of about four and half years old walked into the parlor where they sat. Bidemi didn't need any introduction; she could tell just by how much the little girl looked like her that she was her little sister. She bent down shyly at the knees to greet all of them before going to hug their mother. Bidemi's hands itched, she wanted to grab the little girl in the air and scream... "I am your big sister! But she waited for the right time
"This is your sister and this is Pastor Anthony"  Bidemi's mother introduced them. The little girl was faster than Bidemi, she flung herself on her, excitement written all over her small frame
"You finally came!" She screamed
"Mummy told me you and daddy traveled far away" She innocently said. Bidemi was melted by her innocence and could only say
"I'm back now, sorry I left for so long" just after Bidemi replied, her little sister turned to Pastor Anthony forgetting the name her mother had called him
"Thank you for bringing my sister home" She said smiling up at him then her expression turned a little curious
"Are you Jesus?"  She inquired
"Because I've been praying to Jesus to bring my daddy and my sister back home. My aunty in school told me he is a powerful man and can answer all our prayers"
"I am not Jesus, but I was sent by him to bring your sister home" Pastor Anthony replied her curiosity with a smile. Before he was prepared, the little girl had rushed to give him a hug also and said in the most childish way imaginable
"Tell Jesus Thank you for me! " then she realized she didn't need him to deliver the message as he, Jesus had heard her before... He hears her!
" Thank you Jesus!" She shouted with her palms clapped together in the similitude of prayer. The day ended with the excitement of the reunion and the decision to go visit Tunji at the prison. Bidemi's little sister, Bisola was the most excited about the thought that she could hardly sleep. She was not told in details but she was told she would visit her dad. Pastor Anthony had to stay the night after he pulled a call through to his wife informing her of the situation... To be continued... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master's student

FIGHT IN FLIGHT

PRESERVED (1)