THE REINS OF RAIN


Rain...
Slanting or straight
You fall as though for me you lay in wait
Solely to ruin my gait
You chose not when I was yet at my gate
You gushed down just as I sighted my date

Rain...
Every piece of clothing was carefully starched  and ironed out  straight
But your deeds vexed the cassava starch, so bad it couldn't wait
Running off every bit of fabric and leaving my senses a complete haze
Please, Oh! strokes that leave telltales can I for one day hold your reins
Wield your power ; thunder and rain only on those I hate

Rain...
How helplessly drenched as though I've just taken a bathe
By all means please keep off my wedding day!
Let us settle every scuffle before that date
Don't want tears mixed with droplets of you from my lovely Kate
No threat intended just an humble plea... I now know you are not my mate...

Wait... 

When the rain of life seems to ruin your day
Remember it's also growing out your next meal without receiving a pay
Don't ever think only on how to make the best of impressions in life
Enjoy the mess it sometimes brings and smile through the miles
Besides, your date can still sit with you in the rains
From a poet's perspective, the day would be more than great!

#SweetArtsPoetry
#ReinsOfRain
#InkScribed
#HimSpired_Mii





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master's student

FIGHT IN FLIGHT

PRESERVED (1)