BEEN TO CHURCH


I walked in on 6inches heels and a gold clutch
A rather decent gown and a Rolex wristwatch
This would be my first time in church
And all I sought was to see if I was indeed missing much

My name is Mary; I try every time to leave out the surname
I'm used to the life out there and you shouldn't have me to blame
Tossed to and fro by predating men, I see myself no more than a game
Please don't bother to offer the pity party; I no longer feel any shame

A swarm of eyes buzzed condemnation on me as I stepped in
And with the murmurs that followed, I suddenly missed my favourite inn
Not minding, I swayed past everyone... Only if they knew where I had been 
My curiosity was stronger and as I sat, I said in my heart... Pastor preach to me

As the message progressed, I could tell the preacher had a rift with someone
Making the altar his edge over his opponent, his words; bullets from a well-targeted gun
And just right there a lot of obviously disagreeing factions had formed
Several juries seated in the pews inaudibly deciding which party was right or wrong

When it was time for the offerings, I couldn't tell if the people were angry with God
Or they were considering if they would have anything left with the frequency of the calls
But that stopped nothing; they were still compelled to give all the more
And that looked so much like putting God up for the highest bidder in an auction

The service ended with a word of prayer and I was asked to wait to see the pastor
When I got to his office, you can guess the line of discussion... my crucifixion!
I find nothing different in here, looks like an annex of the world out there... just a miniature
But don't  get me wrong, I am still in search of something more; NOT JUST RELIGION

#BeenTo-Series
#BeenToChurch
#InkScribed
#HimSpired_Mii


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master's student

FIGHT IN FLIGHT

PRESERVED (1)