CROSS STREET



Dialling 9-1-1... Ringing...
10:00pm... 
Helloo... This is Tina
 I'm calling from number 1 cross street
My house has just been burgled, please I need help!
My boyfriend came to sleep over for the first time, I know that's against the estate policy but... (breaks into tears) 
He's been shot, I fear he is dead!. Please, please please.. I just need to get out of here

10:15pm... 
Helloo...My name is George
Please this is urgent, I need help at number 4 cross street
I was driving down from church with my family and I didn't know we were followed
I've just been robbed of my car with my wife and little son still inside!
Please I just need my wife and baby back, they can go with the car. HELP!!!

10:30pm... 
Helloo... This is granny Louise
Please is this 9-1-1?...Okay thanks. Can you please send someone over?
My grandson just swallowed a screw from his toy, he is in a bad condition...
Oh sorry, I'm calling from number 10 cross street, the green house by the right
Please just save my little prince... please don't tell his mum and you need to hurry up!

10:45pm... 
Helloo... M calling  from number 15 cross street
My name? oh, Thomas...yes Thomas!. Please I need help, my house is on fire!
I can't seem to get a hold of the fire agency, everything I have worked for is burning up!
My credentials, my house!... Please don't let me loose everything!
It was my fault I didn't turn off the gas but please just save me... I'm practically burning up!

     They all live at CROSS street and coincidentally they all needed help desperately in one night, dialling the same help line. Did they get help?... Oh yes they did. They dialled the right number... The present help in times of trouble. This is just to illustrate the typical Christian life. The moment you give your life to Christ, begin living for and in him, you become an enemy the devil will go all out to fight. His tactics are the same... steal, kill and destroy. All he needed was for Tina to make a little compromise against God's standards (sin) and that opened the door for him in her apartment. George on the other hand had no fault and the devil sought permission to take his family to weaken his strength and love for God. Grandma Louise wouldn't have been able to live with herself if her dear grandson had died, all of God's faithfulness would have been forgotten in a jiffy. Thomas could see all he ever worked for burn up right before him, how devastating! His whole world burning into ashes all because of one mindless mistake. But one common thing in  the different sceneries is that they all dialled for help immediately, all their tears, anxiety and worry were directed to the person at the other end of the line, they didn't just crawl up somewhere and cry themselves out to no one. The situation was as bad as it could get but somehow they believed they could get help, it was late but that didn't matter, they had confidence in 9-1-1 (God) 

           Have you ever consciously thought of who your first point of call is when you are in trouble? Is worry,doubt or fear your first point of call? Oftentimes the answer for me is yes!. We try to figure out our problems when indeed we can not help ourselves! But good news! God's line never goes off and he has angels on rescue missions for us. The devil is after your Joy... Never let him have it! The truth is, WE ALL NEED HELP at some points, whether we fall into a temptation or we are being tested by God. We may have different problems but we can all have the same answer... JESUS!. Tell him about that problem today, repent if need be, trust him and you will see his salvation! 
NB: There are houses to let at cross street... If you are yet to give your life to Christ please do so TODAY. No one knows when or which street the next 'robbery' would take place and 9-1-1 is only reacheable at CROSS STREET 
John10:10 KJV:The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV:There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
Psalm 46:1 AMP:God is our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble.
#Shalom
#Spiritual911
#TalkToJesusAboutIt
#HimSpired_Mii


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Master's student

FIGHT IN FLIGHT

PRESERVED (1)